Monday, May 14, 2007

power lines and mothers



This weekend Jerry and I went to Santa Monica to take photos at the Pier. Jerry was doing research for an upcoming main title for the Discovery Channel. But its a secret so I can't tell you. I brought the twin lens and took photos of the ocean and of the ferris wheel. I haven't had a second to download the images. But I will post them tonight or tomorrow. This image was taken from the hammock. I liked how the two power lines intersected and the two trees are so far apart but still connected somehow.
Reminds me of my relationship with my mother. She lives in a different city but we are closer then we ever have been. Lines of communication are clear and clean and loving. And I feel attached. I know I shouldn't but I do. I missed being with her on Mother's Day yesterday. I also missed my Grandmother who passed away this past November. It is amazing how things change over a lifetime. I used to try to get as far away from my mom as possible.