Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


This image is of Lake Hodges. I took this with a pinhole camera and type 54 Polaroid.
The image is a long exposure - I am holding the camera in my hands while it's exposing so that the natural rhythm of my breathing is effecting the way the film captures the landscape. So in essence it's a self portrait with the landscape.
I grew up near Lake Hodges. We could see the lake from our backyard. My parents still live in that house, and we are visiting them today for Father's day.

I'm looking forward to it. I feel lucky to have such a warm, nice, loving and funny (!) father.
My dad taught me that work is exhausting, but funny movies help. He can quote you any movie that is a bit off center. Like Animal House, Pretty Woman, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, etc.

My father is a Haematologist and an Oncologist and is known as a warm, caring man who is very well liked by his patients and the medical community. I don't know how he does it and I admire him for what he has chosen to do with his life.

on days off he enjoys going to the beach, reading, laying in the sun and napping, watching funny movies, and spending time with his wife ( my mom ) and their dog Simon , who is also my mom's hearing dog. His favorite snack is a sugar free fudgsicle

Want to see some CUTE photos of me and my dad when I was a baby?
Click HERE

P.S. Want to read about the Lake Hodges Monster?
Click HERE.
***

Quote for the day:
Saying yes, opening up, and loving:
these are the keys that will unlock the prison door.

-Arnaud Desjardins from the beautiful book of quotes and photos called Offerings