Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wish trees by Yoko Ono in Pasadena!




Please go to this link to learn about "Imagine Peace Tower" and watch the video. It is SO POWERFUL.


The other day I was walking around Old Town Pasadena. I turned a corner and was stunned by what I found. A group of little trees covered in tags with wishes written on them. I had read about this art installation but had forgotten all about it.
Here is a little blurb about the installation I found online:

Wish Tree for Pasadena is an art installation that consists of 21 living crape myrtle trees installed amongst the café tables and chairs in the Courtyard of One Colorado. Visitors are invited to write their wishes on pieces of paper and hang them on the tree branches. Yoko Ono’s Wish Tree for Pasadena is free and open to the public.

Wishes from Wish Tree for Pasadena will be joined with others from all over the world and placed in specially constructed capsules to be installed in the area surrounding Yoko Ono’s Imagine Peace Tower on Videy Island, off the coast of Reykjavík, Iceland. The artwork is dedicated to the memory of John Lennon. The tower, a column of light emanating from a stone base with a radius of about 10 meters, is lit for two months each year starting on October 9, John Lennon’s birthday, and ending on December 9, the anniversary of his death. The artwork is also lit at certain other special times during the year. For more information, visit www.imaginepeace.com

If you get a chance and are in the area here is a link for more info:

http://www.onecolorado.com/fun_yokoono.php


I had the pleasure of writing out a wish of my own. These photos were taken with my iphone. I know my wish is going to come true. But it is stunning to me that all of these wishes will be re-located to a peace tower in Iceland in memory if John Lennon.

We can all use a dose of his vision for peace right about now!

May all of your wishes come true!