Wednesday, November 26, 2008

looking forward - looking back



This is a polaroid I took in Maui while Jerry was in the ocean Scuba Diving.
I have a pile of polaroids I took and I can't wait to post them all.

I love the memory of the ocean. Especially the day we went to Napili bay. My favorite spot on earth.

2 years ago we actually spent Thanksgiving at Napili Bay.
This year we will spend it at home - listening to the rain that has finally come - eating simple thanksgiving food that we buy premade from whole foods - and watch the parade on tv and all the movies that I tivo'd. Simple - Relaxing - Perfect.
I'm thankful for days like this. With my little loving family. The last thanksgiving before our little baby arrives.

Today we had an ultrasound and got to see the little guy again. He is doing well and is cozy in there. My cat is laying on my lap purring on him right now. It seems this year is all about going slow - and paying attention to the little moments.

I have so much to be thankful for. The list would take up so much room here.
But all i want to really say is that I am filled with Love and I receive so much love that I feel very complete with that alone!
Don't get me wrong - I love our home, the heater, the windows letting in the light, the sounds of rain, the sunshine peeking through it, the couch, the blankets, all the stuff we have here. I know that many lost their homes just recently in the fires near us and now it's raining on the ashes of the remains. I wish for them much love and comfort right now. I hope they are all doing ok and are surrounded by loved ones.

Which is why I am noticing that Love is what I am grateful for most of all.

xo
*c