Tuesday, January 15, 2008

more gold stars

This morning I wanted to document the flowers that Jerry gave me when I got home from Minneapolis. They are starting to wilt a tiny bit on the petals and I knew that tomorrow would be too late to really capture them when they still have some life left in them.

" Throw your dreams into space like a kite, you do not know what it will bring back, A new life, A new friend, A new love..." Anais Nin

" You are a creative dreamer" Sark

" pick a dream, any dream. Some of us procrastinate by never choosing. If we don't choose, we can't fail or be judged. It also means we stay in creative limbo..." Sark

I remember a time when I was in college and had the belief that to pick a career sort of equaled something like death. It was all over. It was finite. It was a trap into a place that lacked spontaneity, life force, creativity, openness, free will to change.

How wrong I was. I get to pick one thing and dive into it 100% and bring all the other things that I love with me. I'm noticing now how different aspects of my creativity are starting to want to come out again after years of being dormant. They are making their way into my current business plan, and there is room for them. Somehow when I pick one thing and stick with it - all sorts of dreams come true.