Thursday, February 28, 2008

feels like summer vacation



here is another bird photo. 2 salt and pepper shakers that are so cute I just had to make them kiss. sweetness.

This week has felt like Summer Vacation. I've given myself permission to go on road trips with my camera, explore other photo subjects, take headshots for a beautiful friend of mine, go eat at one of my favorite raw food restaurants and checked out some art at a gallery. I guess all week has been an artist's date. Have you read the artist's way? I read it when I was living in Minneapolis about 12-15 years ago. I was working at the Guthrie Theater as a wardrobe dresser backstage. It was an incredible time - I just wasn't living my true dream of being a photographer/artist. That book was one of many eye opening and transforming steps along my path. It helped me to focus on what it was I wanted in my life and move toward it. I highly recommend that one if you need a lift or want to re-focus on your art and life as an artist.

ok - here is another installment from Keri Smith


4 Ignore...

...those who tell you it can't be done.
...those who tried & gave up (they are bitter and probably never believed that they could.)
...those who think you're nuts to throw away a regular income...(many of them may be family members.)
Almost everyone wants to do what they love for a living but we believe we can't afford it, or that we have too many responsibilities. Scared people will usually impose their own fears onto you. Let them know how happy your work makes you. You may lose friends along the way who don't understand what you're trying to do, let go of them, you are constantly changing. Surround yourself with people who support what you do and your new choices.