Wednesday, April 16, 2008

recap




Thank you to everyone who came out Saturday night to support me and my art opening! It was so fabulous to see all of you, and to spend time celebrating with you all. Words cannot express how meaningful it was for me to see all of you there. I am blessed!

The good news is that one of my photographs sold! And The work will be up for another 3 months so if you want to stop by and check it out - there is still time.

Madison 101
101 S Madison avenue
Pasadena, CA
91101
Today I spent the afternoon at Huntington Gardens with my friend Orchid. I brought my camera and took photos of the trees. If you haven't noticed, I am having a tree awakening! I love them. Learned a lot from Orchid who is an expert with Native plants. It was a gorgeous day filled with sun and nature. Can't ask for much more then that really. It was a perfect way to spend my day.
Tonight I am off to the class I am taking through Side Street projects called
GYST, or " Getting your Shit Together ". Yes you heard it right. That is the name of the class.
It helps artists update their resume, artists statement, portfolio, data base, etc etc, and at the end of it we gather with our polished portfolios and statements and do a speed dating type meeting with a handful of curators. It's a great class and I highly recommend it to everyone who is an artist. Even if you have all of these things it is a great way to take everything to the next level and meet people you wouldn't meet otherwise.
***
quote of the day

Seeing in the finest broadest sense, means using your senses, your intellect, and your emotions. It means encountering your subject matter with your whole being. It means looking beyond the labels of things and discovering the remarkable world around you.
- Freeman Patterson