Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday check in!



Hi friends, Here is another view from the lake.
a polaroid that was scanned in.

I'm still in denial that polaroid is a thing of the past....

Not much to say - just felt it was time to post another image from the vaults and to wave hello.

My photography work is changing. I think that the lack of drama and chaos in my life in general - creates a different palate to draw from. I know that wonderful work comes from pain and suffering - like alanis morissette's "you outta know" song. WOW what a gut wrenching and honest angry song. My work used to come from that place. But now. My work is a bit more quiet. Still looking and digging underneath the surface of everyday life - and finding something more like a Pink Martini Song, or meditative music like Dead Can Dance. Oh how I love that sound.

Tomorrow I take a photo of that tree out front. I will only have one more to take after that one and the series will be done....however I think it is the beginning of another tree series. one with my pinhole camera and 4x5 film.


Quote for the day:

" Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out your horn. " - Charlie Parker