Wednesday, October 01, 2008

iphone photo at the ultrasound



yep that was yesterday - having the ultrasound done. Finding out that there is a little boy in there. What an amazing moment for Jerry and me. We loved the Doctor that gave the ultrasound. He was funny and had a big heart. I could tell the moment he walked into the room. It was so fun to go. It took about 20 minutes. But it changed the way we think about the little bean already!

thought for the day: ( sent to me by my father earlier this week )

To: YOU
Date: TODAY
From: GOD
Subject: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE

This is God. Today I will be handling All of your problems for you. I do Not need your help. So, have a nice day.
I love you.


P.S. And, remember...
If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to resolve it yourself! Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

***

This was a great little love note to get. I do happen to spend more time in my head trying to work things out - and I worry about things I cannot control. One of those things happens to be our little babies health. Am I eating the right foods? Am I resting enough? Am I too old for this? Blah blah blah blah blah! How the heck can I know all of this? I have to let it go and trust that it is all going to work out the way it is suppose to and just do my best. No sense in wasting precious time in my life focused on things that are not mine to figure out. I need to step back, take a deep breath, and enjoy the moments I have and focus on gratitude and love. Not on changing others, fear, worry, or trying to distract myself with meaningless time wasting activities.
I've been noticing that I have HUGE boundary issues with people who don't have any. I am very sensitive about this. I'm learning to let go of how other people behave and set my own boundaries and let go of how I think or know they will react to them. Another reason my dad's little e-mail was very important to get. I need to remember that I can just relax and enjoy my day today. God's taking care of the rest.

I don't really know who or what God is - but I do believe that there is something bigger then me out there and in here - and that is enough to keep practicing letting go. Sometimes I think of LOVE as GOD. And that helps me too.

***

I'm grateful to my dad for sending me that e-mail.

I hope some day to pass it on to my son when he needs it.

Oh my GOD I'm having a BABY!!!!!!!!

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!