Friday, February 15, 2008

the tao of tea



The Tao of Tea in Portland is one of my all time favorite places to go. It is the oldest tea house in Portland and the feel inside is soothing, and other worldly. They serve more types of tea then any other tea house - and not only that - they serve it the way that they do in the country that it is from. So if you are interested in learning how other people in different places around the world enjoy their tea - check this place out.
And - not only that - but they have really great food too. This past visit to Portland we had the Spinach Rolls, yams with black salt and cilantro, and dal and rice. Oh my god I can't wait to get back there and have more of that! It is sensory overload. The decor, feel, teas, food, atmosphere, all make it a really divine tea adventure.

I'm currently reading the Tao of Photography. Isn't that fitting. I've read through it before but I am getting into it again as I study more ways to merge my spiritual practice with my photography practice. Seeing beyond seeing.