Thursday, April 24, 2008

seduced by words



feeling full with projects this week!
Jerry and I flew to Utah this week to do some PR photographs for the GM GUY. Yes - the GM Guy is Jerry's dad. It was fun to run around his dealerships with our cameras, and to spend time with family.
Now that we are back we are getting ready for Jerry's opening which is TOMORROW!!!
don't you want to join us?
The Art of Photography Show

I'm also getting ready to teach an upcoming photography workshop May 16th-18th in LA. There will be more posted on this after Jerry's show.
***
Quote of the day

"The Yogic sages say that all the pain of a human life is caused by words, as is all the joy. We create words to define our experience and those words bring attendant emotions that jerk us around like dogs on a leash. We get seduced by our own mantras ( I'm a failure...I'm lonely...I'm a failure...I'm lonely...) and we become monuments to them. To stop talking for a while, then, is an attempt to strip away the power of words, to stop choking ourselves with words, to liberate ourselves from our suffocating mantras."
- Elizabeth Gilbert from the book " Eat Pray Love" Page 325