Thursday, July 03, 2008

listening




I'm listening more inward lately then outward. I haven't wanted to download all the photos I've been taking to get them on to my blog. I've been reading more, resting more, and allowing myself more time "off". It's been very necessary lately to give myself that time. I'm still working on a few photo projects, but allowing myself to stop the race and take my time.

This photo was taken in Arizona when I was there visiting a friend of mine.
I sat there - holding the pinhole camera and felt myself breathing and my breath gently moved the camera as the trees swayed in the breeze of the wind. When I take photos like this I feel like all of "us" have merged for those moments during the exposure on the film.

***

Quote for the day:

" The mind of the beginner is empty, free of the habits of the expert, ready to accept, to doubt, and open to all the possibilities."
-Richard Baker
From the introduction to Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by Shunryo Suzuki

*

" If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get."
- Frank A Clark.

***