Tuesday, February 03, 2009

these are a few of my favorite things

A magical necklace made by my mom and 25 of my closest friends and family at the baby shower Sunday.
Love how it's glowing. I don't ever want to take it off.



good thing I took a photo of the 3 mini cupcakes today because there's only one left now. TASTY.
plus they are on one of my favorite plates from anthropologie. Also tasty.



taking these photos with my nikon 50 mm lens that opens to 1.8 is one of my favorite things. Makes my mouth water. Yep you guessed it. It's tasty.
Love the shallow depth of field. I usually use this lens when I really want to see. It helps me to get closer, and pay attention to the details. If I use this lens too much I start to see everything at 1.8 with or without my camera.

Nice to feel inspired to pick up the camera today. It's a slow day at home - trying to rest and get better from a virus.
Nothing like a little "seeing" to perk up the afternoon.